Dental School Interview Tutorial: Lesson 7
Ask the right question at the end of your dental school interviews
Asking the right dental school interview questions at the end of the dental interview can increase your chances of dentistry school acceptance. Almost universally, the dental school interviewer will end the interview by asking you “Do you have any more questions ?”. By this point you are tired, and would be more than happy not to ask any further questions. But…don’t ruin the dental interview by answering “No, I don’t”. It is essential to end the dental interview in a positive manner by asking one last question to show your genuine interest in their school of dentistry. However, respect your interviewer’s time by not asking too many questions at the end.
Examples of good dental interview questions to ask:
(1) “In your opinion, what would you say dental students like most about your school of dentistry? ”
(2) “I have an interest in forensic dentistry. ( or cosmetic dentistry or ….whatever else you may have an interest in). Are concepts of forensic dentistry ( or whatever else you choose) incorporated into the dental school curriculum?”
(3) “Do you foresee any significant changes to the dental school curriculum within in the next year or two?”
(4) “What opportunities do dental students have to pursue a research project during their studies here?”
(5) “Do dental students rotate through different types of dental clinics such as VA dental clinics, inner city dental clinics, private dental offices, etc”.
Sample Interview Questions NOT TO ASK at your school of dentistry interview
(1) How long is the summer break between first and second year of dental school?
(2) How many days of vacation do we get?
(3) Can you advise me if I will be able to pay back my school loans after I graduate?
(4) What are my chances of acceptance to your dental program?
(5) How does my GPA compare to others that you are interviewing?
(6) Is my DAT score high enough?
The above sample questions would not impress the dental admissions team because they show either a lack of confidence in yourself or a lack of commitment to dental school. They are questions that you can ask other dental students or look for the answers in an online brochure about the school.
After your dental school interview, knock-em dead with a powerful interview thank you letter. Learn more...
How To Interview For Dental School Tutorial
Lesson 1: Develop the Right Dental Interview Mindset
Lesson 2: Role Play As the Dental School Admissions Officer
Lesson 3: Do Your Dental School Research Homework!
Lesson 4: Ace Your Dental Interview By Practicing Questions
Lesson 5: Answering the Toughest Interview Question
Lesson 6: Dress To Impress The Dental Admission Team
Lesson 7: Know What To Ask at End of Dental Interview
Ready to write an effective interview thank you note?